SQL Server Compact 3.5 (build 3.5.8080.0) has been released to web.
SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 includes a host of new features including the following:
- Support for the Transact-SQL Editor in Visual Studio 2010 that can be used to run free-text T-SQL queries and to view query show-plans for optimizing queries.
- Exposes the Change Tracking feature as an application programming interface (API), namely, System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeChangeTracking. The new Change Tracking API provides the ability to configure, enable, and disable change tracking on a table, and to access the change tracking data for the table.
- New assembly versioning support and directory structure that enables the SQL Server Compact applications that use private deployment to load SQL Server Compact assemblies from within the application folder if they are of a higher version than that in the global assembly cache (GAC).
- Support added for deploying the 64-bit version of SQL Server Compact using the ClickOnce deployment.
- Synchronization Services for ADO.NET v1.0 providing the ability to synchronize data from disparate sources over two-tier, N-tier, and service-based architectures.
New feature details also available here: http://erikej.blogspot.com/2009/10/whats-new-in-sql-server-compact-35-sp2.html
- and the product team has more details here: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlservercompact/archive/2010/04/14/microsoft-sql-server-compact-3-5-with-service-pack-2-released-with-visual-studio-2010-and-on-the-web.aspx
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Desktop
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Mobile
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 Server Tools